29 July 2012

The colour is purple!

Hi,

I've had a fab weekend - hope you all have too.  Last night I went to the open air cinema to watch Dirty Dancing - it was great, everyone was cheering, singing and dancing along.

Anyway this morning I made a card for my friend at work and you may have guessed that her favourite colour is purple.  She also bought a hula hoop last week to help her get fit - so this image is just perfect.


For once it's a fairly decent photo as I managed to take it outside - what a difference natural light makes!
The paper is from Docrafts, it's so lovely and sparkly and the image is Digi Stamp boutique.

The summer memory box border die is cut into felt - not something I'll be doing again in a hurry as after about 5 attempt and even with a layer of card on top of the die and under the felt it didn't cut completely in places and I had to make some little cuts with my scissors.  Unfortunately one of the little butterflies didn't make it - however I don't think the recipient will notice so we'll keep that little fact between ourselves!!  In the mean time if you have any tips for me on cutting fiddly dies into felt - I'm all ears!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Do You Stack Up - For a Friend
Saturday Challenge - Bright and Cheerful
Creative Craft Challenges - Summertime
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Sizzling Summer Colours and Ribbon
Crafty Calendar - Fun the Sun with Sparkle and Shine (Sparkle - paper and Butterflies, Shine - Hula Hoop)
Digi Stamp Boutique - Customer Competition

Thanks for looking - have a great week!

Julie x

6 lovely people left a comment on my work!:

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning card Julie as always a great creation xx

WencheP said...

The image is so cute! Faulous colous. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Beautiful! ...thanks for joining in with our competition at DigiStamp Boutique...Sally-Ann :o)

Denise said...

Love this totally adorable card - such a sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah my very very favourite card there Julie as adore Purple a you will see by my WOYWW post today - thanks for sharing and and for popping over too, love Shaz in oz.x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the colour!
Thanks for playing at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x