28 May 2013

Summer Reading

Evening!

I'm super late with my design team post for Tuesday Throwdown today.

I've had a manic couple of days!  But anyway on with business...

This week our theme at Tuesday Throwdown is Summer Reading and we are asking you to base your entry on your favourite book!



We have had a real treat as the super generous people at Lawn Fawn -our sponsors have given us some clear stamps to use.  Now normally I'm not a fan of clear stamps - but these really are fabulous. I'm not great at stamping and normally have to have a couple of goes before I get anything half decent - but these really are amazing - I was even confident enough to stamp directly onto the card - something I would normally never do!!

So here's my card:



Quite simple - but for a reason:



This is just 5 - I need to make about 20!! - My plan is to vary the colour of the jar on each one - I've done all the shades of pink for now and plan to do purple, yellow and orange.  Our WI has just entered loads of craft items in to a local show and everyone has put lots and lots of hard work in.  So I am making one for everyone who helped out! 

(Dawn - one of these will be for you - but ssssshhhh till next week!)

Anyway what have these got to do with a book?  Well they reminded me of Pollyanna where she takes all the different jars to Mrs Snow as she always wants something different than what is brought.  I used to read that book all the time when I was little.

I'd like to enter these cards into the following challenges:

Paper Creators Crafts - Anything Goes
Wags and Whiskers - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Book or Reading

Thanks for looking!

Julie x

12 lovely people left a comment on my work!:

Kim said...

Love the image. Good luck with your show :-)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A great idea hope you get the other 15 done! Thanks for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers Challenges for our Anything Goes Challenge! Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you for our next challenge! Susan x

Donna Mosley said...

Great cards Julie. Love the image.

Donna x

Mary J said...

Hello Julie! Hope life is treating you well! Yes, I was very chuffed to get on the PC team!

These are fab cards! Have fun at the show!

Unknown said...

Super cute cards! Thank you for joining QKR's Challenge this week.
Ruza, QKR DT

Michelle Looi said...

Such a cute one! LOvely idea on the card!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!
~Michelle

Unknown said...

Love this image and your design. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Amanda Phillips said...

So very cute! Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at Love to Create Challenges.
Amanda LTCDT

mixamatoasties said...

Super.

Thanks for sharing at LTC this week.

Susan x

Jackie Randolph said...

Adorable way to say thanks, and love the book which inspired you! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.

CraftyGirl said...

Yummy cards! Love them!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your DT Sister at Tuesday Throwdown
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Dawn Howard said...

Looking forward to receiving it - but really it was you who put all the hard work in - all that arm twisting and cajoling must have taken it out of you !