8 April 2013

Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Guest Post

Morning!

I was very pleased to have won a guest spot over at Tammy's Scrapin Corner last week - I didn't realise (although I probably should have) that some of the girls on their DT are also my teamies at Tuesday Throwdown - *Waves Hello*



I was even luckier to be sent an image to use from their sponsor this week: QKR Stampede.  The challenge this weekwas to use 1 image, 2 die cuts and 3 embellishments.

So here's my card: 1 image - check, 2 die cuts - check (2 clouds), 3 embellishments - check (ribbon and two pearls).


I really couldn't think what to pair this image with then I remembered that I had a beach bum embossing folders lurking in my craft draw that had never been used. 

I also found a great tutorial on how to do clouds with promarkers and whilst they aren't that clear on this picture, they look really good.  In fact, I made another card last night with the same cloudy background.  Click here to see the tutorial - I never though it could be so simple!

A huge thanks to Tammy's Scapin Corner and letting me play along!  I can't wait to see what everyone else creates as I'm scheduling this post as the challenge goes live while I'm at work. Let's hope it works!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Lacy Sunshine - Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Animal challenge
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Cut it Up - Wet
2 Sisters - Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything Goes
Catch the bug - Anything Goes
Quirky Craft Challenge - Bingo (Die Cuts, Embossing, Ribbon

Thanks for looking!

Hugs

Julie x


16 lovely people left a comment on my work!:

Crafting Vicky said...

awesome sky you have created! Great card and really happy you could be our guest designer!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!! I LOVE it!!!

chrissy xx said...

A FABulous Fun card...Super cute image and I LOve your colours.
Chrissyxx

Karen said...

This is adorable! I love that image and the embossing on the clouds look great! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Alyx said...

Fab card Julie. Love the image and how you've used him.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Anonymous said...

What a cool cat your alligator is! He's really chillin'! Love him! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cut it Up Challenges!
Evelyn

Migdalia said...

TOTALLY Cute!
Thanks for joining us at CIU.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Sue said...

This is fabulous. Such a great image and I love the colours and layout.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue xx

Cumbrianlass said...

A fab fun card, thanks for entering the Lacy Sunshine Challenge
Janet

Kim said...

great card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x - CC DT

Cazzy said...

Thanks for joining in at Quirky Crafts, your card is great fun. Please visit us tomorrow to see if you made the top three, and to find out about our new challenge.

Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

Spyder said...

he looks like he's having fun!! Super cool card!! Thank you for joining my Quirky Crafts Challenge this time, a new one starts Sunday evening!!

((Lyn))
DT

Caro said...

This is so much fun! Thank you so much for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenges this time.

mixamatoasties said...

Great, fun card.

Thanks for sharing with us at That Craft Place this time.

Susan x

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

fabulous card! love the material behind your gator and love the lazy gator too. Awesome job. Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges!

Christy said...

LOVE the crock and the embossing! :) :)Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up!